Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Life.

Today I am grateful for new life.

woah.

that's deep.

I'm just talking about a t-shirt.

apparently i felt the need to be all ominous and pro-lifeish.

excuse me while i take a moment to laugh about the idea of "me" and "pro-life" being in the same sentence.

ANYWAY.

new life. to an old t-shirt. because i took an old large t-shirt and turned it into a tank top.

Don't you just fucking love the internet? It's seriously just full of all these fun crafty people who have nothing better to do with their lives than to figure out how to make cool shit and then put instructions on the internet so that you can make cool shit too. Love it.

My dad gave me a t-shirt a few years back. well, more like 6 or 7 years back now. It was really big, but he didn't get it for the size. on the front it said "Issues? You bet your sweet ass I have issues!" Isn't he a wonderful father?

actually he really is because I fucking love this shirt. I used it as a night shirt for awhile. or have thrown it on to do around the house stuff when i didn't want to get my good clothes dirty...but it sort of just ended up sitting in my dresser for a long time because it didn't really fit well. I kept seeing all kinds of pins on pinterest for remaking old tshirts into things, but i've been kind of skeptical because i don't sew. AT ALL. because today I stumbled across one that specifically said "no sew" and i gave it a read.

SO SIMPLE. seriously. my mind was blown.

I'm sorry now that I didn't take any pictures of the process to share here. but you can find the instructions here. Now I've turned this t-shirt into a tank-top that i'll get much more use out of. I already wore it today for yoga. heck yes. I'm so grateful that just a few cuts with a pair of scissors brought this tshirt back into my life again. heck yes, internet. heck yes.

of course, no i see a potential trip to goodwill for a handful of extra large tshirts happening in my future. I may or may not be grateful for this later.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment