Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Optimus Prime.

Today I am grateful for Optimus Prime.

because sometimes having two toddlers is hard.

even though one really isn't a toddler anymore but we're not really talking about or aknowledging that in any way

it's hard everyday.

granted some days are alot harder than others, but i would never really call it easy. they are loud. and crazy. and they beat the crap out of each other.

and even though they have a playroom, a classroom, and a bedroom to keep their toys in...SOMEHOW they still end up all over my living room. and this drives me insane. I always step on them. or the kids always step on them. and things get broken. or the toys are just so loud and obnoxious and never shut up. and when i spend all day cleaning and picking up my living room just to have it covered in toys less than five minutes later? IT MAKES ME WANT TO SHOUT IN CAPITOL LETTERS!

the last few nights in order spare some of my sanity i've been picking up the kid's toys while The Marsh is reading them their bedtime story. the hope is that this will prevent me from being such a cranky bitch when i first wake up in the morning because my house isn't quite as much of a mess. it seems to be working.

so how does Optimus Prime fit into this?

you see, sometimes it's just so easy to focus on the fact that that two toddlers is hard.

sometimes all i can see are the toys on the floor.

but then in the middle of picking up my son's robots, one of them just happens to belts out "I am Optimus Prime." and as silly as it sounds, it actually made me smile. because in in that moment i thought about how much Breyman loves Optimus Prime and his toys. I thought about how special it is that my babes are still at an age where they love to play and use their imagination. I thought about how awesome it is that my kids actually have some pretty cool toys and how even though it pisses me off when they're all over the floor, i would take toys everywhere and happy children over an immaculate but empty house any day. i think

So I'm grateful to Optimus Prime for helping me see the "bigger picture".

and helping me remember that this is only one very small moment in time. and someday their wont be any more toys laying all over my house at all.

and yea we're still not talking about it.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment