Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Self Defense.

Today I am grateful for my friend Wendy.

and for her begining to understand what it means to be a corrections officer's wife.

poor baby.

she has no idea what she's in for.

Actually I'm more grateful for the laugh I got out of her new found appreciation, more than her actual new found appreciation. does that makes sense? everyone with me? no? bueller?

okay. so The Marsh's best friend Warren has recently started working at the same facility as The Marsh. and his wife Wendy has been very excited for him. up until now. why not so much anymore? because yesterday and today were self defense training days. and Warren, like every other typical male had to run right home and try out his cool new moves. on Wendy.

and us wives? we try to be supportive. "sure hun, you can practice on me.."

NOPE.

it's all fun and games until someone's wrist almost gets broken. seriously.

and I really do understand the poor girl's pain. The Marsh? he's the self defense INSTRUCTOR.

that's right. he's the one teaching all these crazy boys how to pick on their wives take down some inmates.

of course, The Marsh had to become an instructor as he was informed that he shall never be practicing on me. EVER. AGAIN. and if he wanted to beat people up for fun, he could find someone else to do it too. and he did. he went to the police academy for a week and became certified to instruct. it also means that he's the one who taught Warren his fancy new moves.

so where in all this does my great big laugh at Wendy's expense about learning to be a corrections officer's wife come in? I got a text from her tonight. it said "Tell Marsh I send a big Eff you his way for showing Warren all those self defense moves!"

I'm not ashamed to say i laughed. hard. so did The Marsh. he isn't even a little bit sorry.

and I'm kind of not either. as long as The Marsh is teaching other guys self-defense, he's keeping his own skills honed. so there is no reason for him to start thinking he needs a sparing buddy at home. that shit is not happening.

on the other hand, if The Marsh and Warren did feel the need to be all manly and practice self-defense.. at least they have each other. so I guess I would say I'm grateful for that too.

and Wendy Darling?

Welcome to the club.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment