Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thug Life.

Today I am grateful I didn't cut a bitch.

yup.

I seriously almost went all gangsta on some lady at the post office. i think i may have actually slipped into an accent that could only be described as "New York Thugger".

fo shizzle.

I'm the most gangsterist gangster there ever was.

this afternoon after work i went to the post office in hopes of finally completing step 1 of the "Get Lana To Aruba" plan by turning in my passport application. as i was walking in i noticed a memo on the door that said "starting on such and such a date, the post office will only be taking passport applications by appointment to reduce wait times. please call ahead, yada yada yada." okay. so maybe those weren't its exact words. but i'm sure it's close.

anyway. i was a little frustrated because i really want to just get this shit done and over with. so i waited in line anyway just to ask if it was possible to turn in the application if it's already filled out and has a picture attached. no such luck. when i asked the woman she was very brisk. "Um no, we don't even do applications after 3:15" oh. sorry. that wasn't listed on your snooty little passport appointment memo on the door. so then when i asked about making an appt., she says "the latest we do it is 3:15!" and i was just standing there like "uhh, late afternoon actually doesn't even work for me, because my son is in school. but thanks." jeez louise.

so then we go through the whole making an appointment and i'm giving her my name, when she starts in on all the rules "make sure the application is filled in with black ink" yes. yes it is. and then she says "and we do photos here for an additional $15 fee".....deep breaths, Lana. deep breaths. "Thank you, but i already have a photo" WHICH I ALREADY TOLD YOU.

i'm a pretty peaceful person. but Thug Life Lana was seriously dying to come out and snap her fingers at this woman. i almost asked the man behind me in line to hold my earrings.

but I managed to hold it together, and for that I'm grateful. because going all thugger on this woman probably would have got me arrested. and since my husband works at the county jail, that wouldn't have exactly gone over well. somehow i don't think he would have liked it if I used the fact that i suddenly became a gangster out of know where as an excuse. just a guess.

but, man. thug life would have felt so good.

Word To Your Motha!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment