Thursday, January 3, 2013

Princess Thor?

Today I am grateful that my little princess isn't all pink and lace.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, I just like it when my children broaden their horizons a bit.

And Miss G is definitely all about the girly girl stuff. Pretty dresses, pink, princesses and baby dolls, she is ALL little girl, but occasionally she does something out of the box.

A few weeks ago when we first started discussing her upcoming birthday she mentioned wanting an Avengers cake. I was stunned. Sure she watches Avengers with her brother, but to pass on a Sleeping Beauty cake? I thought for sure she would change her mind.

But as time went by, she was dead set on having an Avengers cake. then came the problem of not being able to find a store that made them. Today when we checked, the grocery store said they only had a couple individual marvel heroes...lucky for us the one hero she really wanted was an option.

And which hero was it that she wanted? Thor. I'm so proud. We then went to iparty where she picked out her Avengers paper plates and napkins.

I'm grateful that The Marsh and I have been able to raise our children in a way that allows them to explore all sorts of interest, no matter what their genders are. Hell, Breyman is about as boyish as you can be short of being a miniature lumber jack, but he still loves My Little Pony. and I love that about  him. Just like I love that G wants an Avengers birthday cake.

Its scary sometimes, raising little people the right way. I'm grateful for little things like this that help remind me that we're doing okay.

Thanks for reading,
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment