Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Step 1. Check.

Today I am grateful my sister, Emily, and I went and got our passport photos taken.

As I mentioned a few days ago, all of my sisters and I are heading to Aruba in May.

and every single one of us needs a passport.

well, my younger sisters went to Mexico with my parents a few years ago, so they need to get new passports (adult passports, cause they're adults YIKES). My older sister and I have both never needed a passport yet, so this will be our first time getting one.

and getting my passport feels like number one on this huge list of things i need to accomplish before this trip happens.

i guess realistically there really aren't that many things that need to happen, but when I vacation my wonderfully spontaneous, carefree nature suddenly turns into an obsessive compulsive bitch and i suddenly have like 15 different lists everywhere of every little detail of my life. it's a positive and negative thing all at once. and right now at the very top of every list is GET A PASSPORT.

i still need to fill out the application, get it printed out and take it to the post office to get this whole process rolling, but getting the picture taken at least gets that first step out of the way.

it wasn't a very big task to accomplish, but there isn't really anything that gives me a power trip quite like being able to dramatically cross something off my list. it's makes me happy. so i'm grateful for that too.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment