Friday, January 25, 2013

Red Barn Surprise.

Today I am grateful that The Marsh decided to get me a surprise.

especially this surprise.

I called him today on my lunch break to remind him of something real quick and in the midst of our quick two minute phone conversation he suddenly says "I got you a surprise." to which my immediate reaction was "Is this surprise food?"

because as we all know the number one rule of 365 Reasons to be Grateful is I'm always grateful for food. 

and he told me that yes, of course, it was and left it at that.

but i knew in my heart and deep down into my little fat girl soul what it was without him actually telling me. I was willing it to be true in my mind the minute he said the word surprise.

you see we have this little restaurant around here called Red Barn. and it's where dreams come true. the greatest chicken baskets that will ever be created in the universe happen at this place. it's like a deep fried mini Disney vacation for your mouth. and it's just plain awesome.

I managed to get through the rest of my work day and when The Marsh pulled into the parking lot to pick me up at work, I was a woman on a mission. what in the hell was in that car waiting for me? what was my surprise? I opened the door, slid into the passenger seat and oh so casually glanced towards the backseat. where a plain brown paper bag was sitting all by it's lonesome. a brown paper bag that wasn't there this morning when he dropped me off for work. and the very same brown paper bags that all of Red Barn's take out meals come in.

victory was mine.

and it was a very delicious victory indeed.

Isn't The Marsh just fucking awesome? the correct answer is yes.

and I'm so grateful for my wonderful Red Barn surprise. and once again, i'm always grateful for food.

(no, i don't actually weigh 300 lbs., in case you were wondering)

Thanks again for reading!
Lana


No comments:

Post a Comment