Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday Night Fever.

Today I am grateful that Miss Georgiana has a fever.

WHAT?!?

I know, I know. I'm like the worst mom EVER.

and actually, I'm not really grateful that Miss G has a fever at all. but since she does have one, I'm grateful it's happening today. Just like I was grateful that when Mr. Breyman had his fever, it took place last week.

by the way? this whole having a child that goes to school and brings home other children's germs and shares them with his sibling thing we've now got going on in this house? not my idea of fun. at all. NOT GRATEFUL.

Anyway.

Why am i grateful for the timimg? well, in case I haven't already mentioned it about 516 times, we're going to Disney World. in less than a week. and you know what I will never ever be grateful for? flying with a sick child. or having to deal with a sick child on a family vacation. You can ask my mom to personally vouch for the suckiness of that..because growing up I had the tendency to never get sick unless, of course, we were actually going somewhere fun for vacation.

I'm grateful that The Marsh and I won't have to deal with any cranky toddlers yelling at Mickey Mouse to go away. I'm grateful that we'll hopefully get through the flight relatively unscathed, which will be nice, because i really really really hate to fly. but more importantly i'm grateful that the babes will hopefully be feeling better by next week and will get to completely enjoy themselves on their trip. while it certainly won't be the last time they go to Disney World, I want each vacation to be special. and memerable. and not because they were miserable.

So I'm grateful that she has a fever today. and not next tuesday. and that she's being about as great as she can possibly be considering the circumstances.


Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment