Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Man! I Feel Like A Woman.

Today I am grateful that I am woman.

actually.

most days I am, in fact, grateful to be a woman.

I mean who really wants to be a man?

not me, that's for sure.

but today I find myself more grateful to be a woman than most days.

let me try to tell this story in a delicate way.

The Marsh and I were making dinner tonight (french toast mmmm...) and we started rough housing. this isn't anything new for us. he is a state certified self defense instructor. but sometimes things can go wrong. usually he squeezes my arm too rough or does something equally awful, but still kind of accidently.

tonight, however, in a complete moment of accidental horridness and pain, you could say I walked right into what i got.

literally.

right as The Marsh brought up a knee for a fake knee strike to the stomache, I walked right towards him. and got his knee where NO ONE EVER WANTS A KNEE.

and once again I repeat. I am grateful that I am not a man.

Now I may not have certain male parts, but I literally doubled over the second his knee struck bone. that's right. his knee struck bone. between my legs.

you have no idea what pain is.

but...I'm pretty sure that if I had been male, i would have hit the floor. hard. there would have been no doubling over, it would have been straight passing out. seriously.

so thank you, God, for making me female. because I believe that I may be dead from pain right now if I was in fact male.

but then again...if i was male, I most likely wouldn't be standing in a kitchen making french toast with The Marsh, so maybe if I was male I wouldn't have been in so much pain to begin with.

meh. nope.

I still wouldn't want to be man.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment