Monday, October 22, 2012

Breathe Again.

Today I am grateful to be home from florida.

not that I wasn't happy to be in florida, the weather was absolutely beautiful. and you know, the drinks didn't suck...

but it's always nice to come home.

even though our vacation was just under a week, somedays it felt just a little bit longer.

it was like holding your breath under water.

for a long time.

and like I previously said, I did enjoy the trip, but I wouldn't consider it to be my favorite vacation of all time. The resort we stayed at was absolutely beautiful (it was on disney property, of course it was amazing) but it was SO LARGE. like the resort had five of it's own bus stops large. like 1300 units large. like Lana wondering around getting ready to call her husband and unleash all of her anger in a very strongly worded phone call because she is already lost and it is only morning number one large.

never again.

it was just too big. and when you have two little children and a stoller and shopping bags, you really would prefer to spend the least amount of time on the bus as possible. it was also the resort that just happens to be the farthest from all the parks. so there was a lot of bus riding. people. i am not a bus rider.

on plus side, however, it was extremely close to downtown disney, which was a nice short walk whenever we headed that way.

but it's always nice to be able to come home and sleep in your own bed, isn't it? trust me. it is. I think disney has this secret plan where they actually make the beds as uncomfortable as possible, knowing that people are actually too exhausted after walking around all day to care. but not this girl. i always know how uncomfortable the beds are. no matter where we stay. so I am sooo grateful to be climbing into my own bed tonight and sleeping soundly. and I don't even think my own bed is all that awesome, so that really says something about disney beds.

anyway.

overall, good trip, but I'm so grateful to be home. with my own little family again....and no longer feeling like i'm drowning just a little bit.

now only if I didn't have to go into work tomorrow afternoon....

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment