Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Limoncello.

Today I am grateful for Limoncello.

In case you didn't know this, Limoncello makes everything better.

including cheap liquor.

yup.

I went there.

as in I bought cheap liquor. don't judge too harshly here please. it doesn't actually happen very often. but this weekend it did.

okay. so here's what happened. When my sister and i went looking for some potential drinks to bring with us to the halloween party this weekend, we decided it might me nice to bring extra in case anyone needed more or didn't have enough. so we bought this pre-made, comes in a bad (a fucking bag), cheap ass fruity mojito blend. I know, I'm suprised someone hasn't come and taken away my WASP card yet. it seems to still be safely mine for now.

so what does any of this have to do with Limoncello?

well, I forgot during the party that we bought the yucky cheap mojito blend. so it got put in the refrigerator and forgotten about. which means after the party there was still an ENTIRE BAG LEFT. and i mean, come on, someone had to drink it right?

well yesterday The Marsh and I tried it.

it tasted just like we thought it would taste.

cheap.

BUT. my super awesome fake bartender husband thought it might work out to try adding Limoncello to the mix...because Limoncello is so sweet, he thought it might take out some of the harsh bite that came with each and every sip of the mojito. and he was absolutely right.

suddenly a gross ass cheap drink is now a smooth yummy concoction.

my husband is so smart.

and I'm grateful for Limoncello making all that liquor a little bit easier to drink.

or maybe i shouldn't be so grateful to Limoncello for now making me look like a raging achololic?

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment