Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Doctor is IN.

Today I am grateful for having such an awesome doctor.

seriously.

My doctor is awesome. not only has she been my primary care physician since i was 16, she was my doctor through both of my pregnancies, delivered both of my children, and she is now currently their primary care physician as well. I love having just one doctor for myself and the babes. and I completely trust her because no other doctor would know the babes better than her, she has literally been with both of them since the minute they were born.

So why am I so grateful for her incredibleness today? well, remember how I mentioned both Breyman and Miss Georgie have recently had some fever issues? well Breyman's came back. and last night B's fever came back and he was pretty well miserable. he came into bed with The Marsh and I about four o'clock this morning and he just tossed and turned and moaned about. and then he said his ear hurt.

I think i may have had a panic attack in that moment. Brey has NEVER complained about his ear hurting before. and now here it is, A SUNDAY, and he's coming down with an ear infection. and we're FLYING to florida the day after tomorrow. I started panicing thinking we were going to have to take him the emergency room. all i could think was at the office i work at, we tell people it takes about 24-48 hours before an antibiotic starts kicking in. we are flying in less time than that. i did not want the poor little guy to have to fly while in pain from an ear infection. yuk!

I took a chance and called my doctors office hoping to reach some kind of on call nurse to see if there was anything at all they could do for me. hallelujah someone was there to answer. after explaining to situation to the nurse she told me that she was going to call my doctor and then call me right back. and she did, i don't even think 2 minutes passed before my phone was ringing again. she told me to meet my doctor at the office this morning at 11:30 because she was going to drive in to see him.

on a SUNDAY. have I mentioned yet how amazingly awesome my doctor is? she really is the best.

and turns out Brey Bear does have an infection in his left ear, so it was a good thing I called to see if anyone could see him. She also put him on an antibiotic and said that he should be feeling better in 24 hours an all set to fly on tuesday. i feel like she was just able to save me so much worry on this trip, not to mention make it actually enjoyable for the baby bear. I'm just so grateful to have a doctor that cares about her patients and is just willing to go above and beyond when her patients need her. it's truely amazing.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment