Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hit and Run.

Today I am grateful for "It could have been worse."

what could have been worse?

The car accident Miss G and I got into today.

yup.

a fucking car hit my car.

and then just drove away.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I just don't understand people. and he actually pulled over right after it happened. we were on a pretty busy street in town so he drove up like a 100 feet or so and pulled into a gas station. I, not knowing what condition my car was in, decided to pull right over where I was.

After checking on Georgiana to make sure she was fine, i hopped out of my car, looked up the road to see he was still pulled over and then checked out the damage.

there was none.

zilch.

nada.

I'm so grateful for that. The accident was clearly not my fault, as the dude that hit me tried to merge into my lane, you know, right where i was, but I'm still glad that my pretty CR-V is still pretty.

another call pulled over and asked if I was okay and I let her know that we were fine. We then watched the car that hit me pull back out into traffic. We both assumed that he was taking the turn after the gas station to turn around and come back towards me, so I reassured her I was okay and she went on her way. then I waited and waited. after a few minutes it became obvious the guy wasn't coming back.

asshole.

I called the police just to report that someone hit me and drove off. an officer came and took my info, in case some crazy guy calls them up tomorrow claiming i hit him or something, so they would know what really went down. Then Miss Georgiana and I went back to business as usual.

on one hand, I am super pissed off at that guy. I mean, he pulled over at first, so why didn't he decide to come back? I parked with the passenger side (the side he hit) away from him, so he couldn't have known that there was no damage done. and if he had come down, i probably wouldn't have even called the police. besides some scuffing on the tire, there was nothing to even see. I don't know if dude was driving with a suspended license or what, but it just seems like such a prick move to hit someone's car and drive off.

not cool dude. not cool.

on the other hand? I'm just grateful everything is okay. I'm grateful that my car is fine. I'm grateful that Georgiana isn't traumatized and that she was sitting behind me on the drivers side. I'm grateful that for the most part my brain is repressing all the "what if" scenarios to keep me from going crazy.

and I'm grateful to know that I will never be the type of person to hit somebody's car and then just drive away. It would never have really been an option before, but now as somebody whose had it happen to them, I can't even understand how someone can do that. so thanks for the life lesson. asshole.

Thanks for reading!
Lana


No comments:

Post a Comment