Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Drive-Thru.

Today I am grateful for the Drive-Thru.

Did you know that you could buy a gift card from the drive-thru?

maybe this is like super common knowledge and i'm just an idiot but I was so excited.

I guess it makes sense that you can buy one, I mean it's a product, just like any food that you would be ordering..so you should be able to buy one right?

GRATEFUL.

Let me paint a picture for you. It's December. In New England. and the weather has absolutely no idea what it wants to do. so at 8:00 this morning after hastily throwing some clothes on my babes so I could head out and try and pick up a Dunkin Donuts gift card for my secret santa, there I was driving through the freaking snow. and freezing rain. and oh wait? maybe it's just raining normally now. nope, here comes the snow again.

I did not want to get out of my car.

I did not want to get my children out of my car.

I wanted to stay warm. and dry.

but i needed a freaking gift card. i was so worried when i pulled up to the ordering microphone that they were going to tell me i couldn't get a gift card at the drive-thru. and ladies and gentlemen, I'm not ashamed to admit that at that particular moment if they had said no i may have, in fact, started to cry. i almost did in relief.

some days it's nice to catch a big break in life. some days it's nice just to catch a little one. not having to get out of my car and get my kids out into the rain/snow may not have been a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. but I tell you what it's one little break that i was grateful for today.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment