Monday, December 10, 2012

Follow Rafiki, He Knows The Way.

Have you ever been grateful for something that pissed you off?

It's not always easy to do.

and it happened to me this morning.

sometime around 4:00 am my children decided to crawl into my bed. that's right. both of them. usually it's one or the other. The Marsh and I being too tired to carry them back to their own bed, just let them crash in between us and go back to sleep. BUT TWO. that's a different story all together. christ, thats practically a party. in my bed. at 4:00 am. 

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

and after getting kicked and punched and pushed to the complete edge of the bed, i got out of bed and headed to the couch. because at this point there was all kinds of room on that thing.

so I wrapped up in a blanket, climbed up on the couch and closed my eyes to get some more sleep.

and then punk ass #3 (a.k.a. my FUCKING cat) decided he wanted to sleep with me too. so there I was once again not able to sleep.

and I was pissed. 

at this point it was like six something and I could not believe I was awake. what the hell was I awake for? what good could possibly come from my being awake at this ungodly hour on a day that I do not have to work? NOTHING,

and then I heard Rafiki's voice in my head.

image

wait a minute.

it's six (almost seven) o' clock in the morning.

my lazy babes aren't getting up anytime soon. so i have a solid hour maybe even an hour and a half to spend time with my husband. while my house is still quiet.

yup. i was that wife. and I went into the bedroom and woke up his sleeping ass too.

*cough* misery loves company *cough*

but I was nice enough to make him a cup of coffee, so good wife points for that yea?

anyway, there we were, awake. and  the house was quite. it was amazing. we drank our coffee, looked over all the new store flyers that came out today. made a game plan to do a little bit more christmas shopping while Brey was in school. laughed about stupid things. he told me he loved me. you know, lame but awesome married stuff.

stuff that for us isn't easy to accomplish at night after the babes go to bed. come 9:30 at night when the kids have actually made it to bed and are actually asleep, I'm usually trying to write this blog, catch up on a TV show or I've started reading. and then ALL bets are off. and The Marsh? lately he's been so tired that I've found him passed out in the kids bed next to them after reading the bedtime story. our biggest interaction lately has been him yelling at me for having cold toes when I climb into bed. sometimes hours after he went to sleep. I know. you're jealous of our super amazing marriage. everyone wants cold toes in the bed.

any who. we managed to spend a little over an hour together this morning, and for that I am grateful. as I've previously mentioned, this is a busy time of year for him work wise. so i'm grateful for every single hour i can get.

and to think, if my babes and the cat didn't piss me off so much this morning so that I couldn't sleep, I never would have gotten to spend it with him.

Thanks Rafiki.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment