Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hide and Seek.

Today I am grateful to have been able to hide some presents from Miss G.

while I was actually in the process of buying them.

that's the one problem with kids growing up, folks.

they get observant.

it's kind of a pain in the ass.

especially when I'm out and about shopping and see something i want to grab for the babes for Christmas and I have one of them with me. It's usually Miss G lately because I run errands while Brey's at school. and it's hard because I think to myself "well, i could come back for it later. but maybe it will be gone then. do i try and grab it now while she isn't looking. will she see it later. can i actually check out and pay without her noticing? when will i get a chance to come back without a babe if i don't get it now?" it's a vicious cycle.

and today I tried to play the "I can sneak something past my 3 year old" game.

for the most part it worked. some of the smaller stocking stuffer things I shoved into the new hat i was buying so i managed to sneak them by her. cashier gave me a funny look when she saw the hat was full but whatever. she did sneak a peak at one thing that i bought her. and of course when i told her to just stop talking about it she kept talking about it even more. so then began the dilemma of do i put it back? do i just get it and not put it in her stocking? I decided to get it anyway. I'm still trying to decide a game plan. but i managed to get her to stop talking about it by telling her it was a secret. lord knows how long that will last.

for the most part though, she wasn't her normal observant self. she was too caught up in telling me how she wanted Santa to bring her every single god damn thing on the shelf this or that. so I managed to sneak a decent sized present for Brey past her.

this whole having kids who are aware is hard. you can't just tell them not to look because they don't understand. but i'm grateful that I got away with what i did today. especially because my chances of pulling it off again are not looking all that great.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment