Saturday, December 29, 2012

(WO)MAN DOWN.

Today I am grateful that my children have reached an age where they understand the sentence

"Momma doesn't feel good."

It's taken awhile for them to get that mom isn't, in fact, invincible and there are moments when she just can't play. or deal with whomever hit whom first or who isn't sharing. but slowly they've come to understand.

today was one of those very days. i got a message from my best friend, Kristy, asking if I would be up for a visit for a little bit with her this afternoon. since she lives a couple states away and just happened to be home for the holidays, i didn't want to miss her visit. but as i rushed around picking up toys, vacuuming, and doing the dishes..i felt it starting.

the dreaded migraine.

i popped some advil as soon as i felt the tell tale throb behind my left eye, but unfortunately it didn't make a dent. i managed to get through my visit with Kristy and Ken, which was lovely, but by the very end I could feel the nausea coming on. after they left I wrapped up in a blanked and basically slowly died for the next few hours.

and I have to give the kids credit where credit is due, they got it. they really understood that i didn't feel good and didn't act crazy or loud or bother me with unimportant stuff. they did keep coming into my bedroom and talking to me. but they were quiet and would lay down with me for a few minutes. it was pretty sweet on their parts actually.

and when The Marsh got home I didn't even have to tell him i wasn't feeling well. the babes had informed him that i had a headache before he even managed to make in all the way inside the house. at which point he was then kind enough to take over parental duties and i was left undisturbed for a good 50 minutes or so.

I'm already feeling better now. and it sucked that i felt so awful earlier, it's been a few weeks since my last migraine. but i'm so grateful that Mr. Breyman and Miss G seem to finally understand whats going on. it certainly helps make the whole horrible process go by the much easier.

now i'll be grateful if i can just manage to go a little bit longer before having another one. like forever.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment