Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cue Mission Impossible Theme Song.

Today I am grateful for having an accomplice.

that all sounds very sordid, doesn't it?

I assure you it's not. I wish I were that cool.

but I do, in fact, have an accomplice.

for my secret santa.

see?

I told you it really wasn't all that exciting.

but i'm grateful to have one none the less. you see on Friday I had every intention of leaving my secret santa a present at work so that I wouldn't have to worry about it come Monday. I don't work on Mondays, and sometimes it's easy to swing in and drop it off. other times it's not so easy. so there I was at work on Friday without my secret santa gift trying to decided how I wanted to handle the situation. 

and then i found out it was suppose to snow on Sunday night into Monday. god damn it. you know what's not on the list of my top 10 favorite things? driving 25 minutes into town to drop off something at my office in the snow. even if the weather channel was wrong (ps. they weren't. it's fucking snowing outside) I wasn't sure I wanted to chance it.

this is where my accomplice comes in.

sometimes working with family isn't the greatest idea. i'm not going to go into all the ways working with someone in your family may not be such a hot idea, common sense will fill in those blanks for you. and I just happen to work with my mom. for the most part it has all turned out to be fine. i'm not complaining. we tend to be exceptions to rules in my family. (this isn't always a good thing, people) and today I am grateful that we work together. cause my Momma? she works Mondays. 

cue mission impossible theme song.

so I gave my mom my gift and she'll bring it in for me tomorrow.

this is awesome for two reasons.

1. I don't have to drive up there in the snow. HOLLA!

and 

2. The person who is getting the gift wont suspect me, because I won't be there to have gifted it. HOLLA! again.

oh and thanks mom! you're the best accomplice a girl could ever ask for! 

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment