Sunday, December 30, 2012

On A Scale Of One To Ten.

Today I am grateful for the number four.

because on a scale of 1-10, One being that my husband loves me exactly like he did the first day we met and everything is glorious and chill and Ten being that he is no longer speaking to me..we are currently running at about a four.

we had to have a discussion tonight about budgets. and plans for the year. and i was not so nice and threw him a really big curve ball. (to be discussed at a later time here)

I was actually expecting him to be more like a seven, realistically.

I tried to sweeten him up first by talking about helping him make extra payments on his student loan. nothing puts The Marsh is a good mood like to smell of paid off debt.

I knew it wouldn't exactly be his favorite thing in the world ever, but i'm glad that he trusts me enough to make everything work out for the best.

and he got back at me by making me realistically budget my wine for the next six months. nothing makes you feel like an asshole (and an alcoholic) faster than having apply a price tag over time to that shit. I think my slight humiliation made him feel better about the whole thing. cause he's a big jerk face like that.

but at least he's my jerk face, right?

so I'm eternally grateful that it was only a four.

I guess now it's time to think about getting a passport....

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment