Thursday, December 27, 2012

Frosty? Go Away.

Today I am grateful that I only work part-time.

aside from the obvious reasons to be grateful for such a thing,

like watching my babies grow up and not missing anything

and saving a pretty penny in childcare costs...

it comes in pretty handy on days like today.

Live in the northeast? Do you have about 8 inches or more of snow outside your house right now? me too. and I am NOT a snow person. Frosty The Snowman is not my friend. I can drive in the snow, but i don't particularly like to. I don't play in the snow unless my kids force me to. and I certainly have no desire to get up early in the morning to clean off my car during a blizzard to drive myself to work.

and while that is exactly what hundreds of other full-time working people did this morning, including The Marsh, i lounged in bed for awhile until i decided to get up around 9:00 am and have a cup of coffee.

bliss, i tell you.

I'm so grateful that The Marsh works so hard so that I can enjoy this kind of life. The babes and I had no worries or obligations today. while other people were complaining about the roads and such, we just hung out here and watched My Little Pony.

not a bad day indeed.

but please don't think i take it for granted.

because while I don't have to be to work everyday, i do actually have to work tomorrow. so while i was grateful to avoid the snow today, tomorrow? not so much. let's just hope the snow stops sometime tonight. that would be something to be grateful for.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment