Sunday, December 2, 2012

Anonymous.

Today I am grateful for anonymous.

you see I started this little blog not exactly sure where it would end up.

Would it it be forever lost in the bloggesphere? would only my friends and family ever read it? would it even matter to anyone else that it was here?

and to be fair I didn't really care what the answer to those questions were. who cares if it's lost in the bloggesphere? if only my friends and family read it then i know it's at least being appreciated by people whom i know love me. and you know what? i don't care if it matters to you if it's here or not, the point was it mattered to me enough to find something everyday (okay so we can all admit that i suck at this everyday so we'll say everydayISH) to be grateful for.

I needed the reminder in my life that everything isn't shitty all the time. that everyone and every family goes through hard times. medically. financially. legally. romantically. so why not look for the positive in life instead? and that's what I did.

I made a blog for me that other people occasionally read.

but then something awesome happened. I received a reader comment here and there. from people that I don't know. and then I almost fainted when my silly little Dog Shaming post resulted in Maymo The Lemon Beagle posting on his facebook (well his owner, i'm sure) that he thought I was funny with a link to my blog.

say what?

That little post from them resulted in literally hundreds of views to my blog.

and then today while checking my email i noticed I had a comment on a post I had written a few months ago.  a comment from anonymous that said "great stuff".

It made my day. I was pleased that somebody took the time to read my blog and write a comment letting me know they thought it was great. that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate my friends and family whom I know read every post. I write every post with them in mind, I love them. but every now and then it's nice to know that even though this blog is solely for my own purpose, that maybe somebody else got something out of it too. that maybe anonymous, after they got done laughing at how completely ridiculous I am, thought to themselves "you know, I think I'm grateful for something too."

so tonight I'm grateful to anonymous and to every single one of you that takes a moment to read my rants.

poor things.

I'm grateful to you for sticking with me even though I tend to go on and on about my husband. and nerd life. and my cat. whom I am not currently speaking to because he ruined my kids' letters to Santa. note to self: remember that you love the cat. and are, in fact, usually grateful for him. I'm grateful that you stick by me even if you might possibly vote republican while I make no secret about my love for the democrats. and I'm grateful for you for sticking with me even though this is the second time in less than two weeks that i've gone two day in a row without blogging. I am grateful for every single one of you.

and to be fair one of those days involved alcohol.

like a lot of alcohol.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment