Thursday, October 11, 2012

Biden.

Today I am grateful for Joe Biden.

because he just totally spanked Paul Ryan in the Vice Presidential debate.

and yes I have heard all the Republicans already going on about how rude Biden was for laughing...and interrupting. excuse me while I remind them that Mitt Romney did the same thing last week. short term memory loss must be a thing going around. and I don't blame Biden for laughing at Ryan. It was laughable. Obama should have laughed at Romney last week. Joe was taking no prisoners tonight and it was definately a more enjoyable debate to watch than last thursdays presidential debate.

There were alot of things tonight that Biden said that I agreed with. or that certainly made more sense to me than others, but I had one moment tonight when I just wanted to stand up and give that man a high five.

Obviously, I am a democrat.

I'm also a mom. I have been pregnant twice and have chosen to keep both of my babies. but i am also extremely Pro-Choice. It's such an important topic to me and the fact that the government is still trying to take away a woman's right to choose even though Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973 completely boggles my mind. You would think in the last 30 years our country would have progressed a little bit in the women's rights arena, but alas, those religious conservatives are out to get them everytime.

and Joe. God Bless him, Joe. I was so proud of him for sitting up there and saying "Yes, I am a Catholic. and Yes, I believe as my Church believes that life starts at conception. but I am not going to force my beliefs on other Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc. It's a decision that should be made between a woman and her doctor."


Thank you, Mr. Vice President.

I am grateful that there is still apparently someone in the government who remembers what the seperation of church and state actually means.

Oh and I'm also grateful for youtube...because I am seriously considering rewatching this debate and turning it into a drinking game. whenever Ryan takes a sip of his water, I'll take one too. because that was seriously the most annoying part of this whole debate for me. apparently dude has a wicked case of dry mouth.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment