Monday, October 1, 2012

A Six Pack.

Today I am grateful for my in-laws.

because they just were wonderful enough to have a birthday dinner for me at their house.

My mother in law made a pot roast, and she also baked me a red velvet cake with chocolate frosting.

it was delicious.

and yes, i did bring the rest of it home with me.

it is my birthday cake after all.

and at this point it's been four days since my birthday and today was the first time i had cake. crazy, right? it's definately crazy. i need to keep eating it to make up for lost time.

They were also amazing and gifted me with an itunes gift card, a panera gift card, a target gift card, and a barnes and noble gift card. PLUS two bottles of wine. I'm telling you people, that combination is like heaven in a gift bag. perfect!

I'm always happy for wine, obviously. but the two bottles i received from them today just rounded off my birthday collection to 6 bottles. that's one perfect part of having a birthday. suddenly your empty wine rack is full again. it's like the best six pack imaginable. we're leaving for florida in two weeks from tomorrow for The Epcot Food and Wine Festival. I think now I have just enough wine to get me by until then. This is what you might call "my happy place." So tonight i'm grateful to my in-laws for being so generous and awesome. and for helping to make my birthday even better :0)

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment