Monday, June 25, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays.

Today I am grateful for rainy days and mondays.

who's grateful for that??

aren't they always suppose to get you down? nope. not this girl.

not that today was super exciting or anything. actually it was just the opposite. it's lack of excitement is what seems to have made it all the more perfect. the last few weeks have been busy around here. and The Marsh has been working alot of overtime. and after getting back from Boston yesterday there still wasn't much time for relaxing because we took the babies down to the waterfront to see the fireworks in town. but today there was none of that.

It was nice and quiet. I would go so far as to call it boring, but it wasn't really boring. The Marsh was home with the babes and me today. he made french toast and bacon. we watched star wars. i spent an unhealthy amount of time on pintrest while he played The Lord of the Rings video game with our son. It was dark and rainy so for the first time in a week the house wasn't so hot i wanted to kill myself. The Marsh  made chili. the babes didn't go completely stir crazy having to be couped up all day. i drank three cups of coffee. and barely made it out of my pajamas. (yoga pants for life.) I read. The Marsh made his grocery list for the week. and did laundry. (yes. he did all the important things in the house today. i'm aware of this.)

now my babes have gone to my in-laws for the night. so my house is even quieter than usual. seriously. how can anyone not be grateful for a day like today. everyone loves a good lazy day, right? well. at least one person does. this girl right here. rainy days and mondays. beautiful.

i'm also always grateful for The Carpenters. and you should be too.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment