Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Donald Duck....or maybe it was Daisy.

Today I am grateful for my little friend.

We'll call her Daisy.

she's a duck.

aren't I just super original? I know, I know.

anyway. We actually have two ducks that live around our house. I remember being so suprised the first time i saw them in our yard. and then i remembered that we live about a 1/2 mile away from a major river. having ducks around doesn't seem quite so suprising after that.

they are the cutest little duck pair. one boy and one girl. I can tell from their coloring. because I am obviously a duck master. I first noticed them last spring. the babes and i were so excited... it was raining out and they came to splash in the muddle puddles forming in our driveway. (because our drive-way sucks and has pot holes that turn into giant puddles.) and then I kept noticing them throughout the summer. they always kept coming back and they were always together. the sweetest little duck couple ever.

I was worried this year they wouldn't be back, but sure enough, a few weeks ago there they were playing in the rain. acting all adorable.

BUT YESTERDAY!! Miss Daisy duck was outside all by herself. I firmly believe that Donald was somewhere else. my mind refuses to think that something happened to him. I headed outside to go to the mailbox and fully expected her to fly off away from me. but she didn't. instead she just kept walking about 3 feet ahead of me towards the mailbox. She walked quite a ways down my long driveway too before she got distracted by my neighbors lawn. and then on my return trip? she walked me back! coolest thing ever, i tell you. or it would be the coolest thing ever, if my mom hadn't pointed out that it has obviously been raining for too long if a duck is walking me to my mailbox.

Today on my drive home I started thinking about that little duck, both little ducks, and how much i love seeing them outside my house. it makes me so grateful that The Marsh and I chose this particular house to live in. to raise my children in. not too far away from town. but not so far into town that sweet moments like having a duck walking you to your mailbox don't happen. It makes me love life. It makes me grateful for my life.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment