Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Kris and Chris.

Today I am grateful for two very beautiful ladies.

Kristy and Christine.

Weekend visit 2006

I met these two girlies when I was 17 and moved to the big city to go to college.

I had spoken to Kristy before getting there. Kristy and I have a super funny story about meeting. You see Kristy actually grew up about 20 minutes down the road from me, but she went to a different school so I had never met her. My mom and Kristy's dad were both in the same place at the same time and my mom overheard him discussing where his daughter was going to college in the fall. It just so happened to be the same school that I was headed off to. So my mom gave her dad my number for Kristy to call me. You know, so that we could get to know at least one person before headed off a couple states away from home. Kristy was bribed with a shopping trip by her mom super excited to get to know me and called me up. We talked for hours. She found me about 15 minutes after I showed up on campus and we've been friends ever since. Very very good friends.

I can't actually place the first time I met Christine. We were all in the same science classes, I think Kristy may have even had another class with her as well. but the three of us all had biology and chemistry together. Christine commuted to our school because she lived close enough to do so and we all kind of fell in together. I loved Christine immediately. She is one of the funniest people I have ever met. not to mention one of the sweetest. She is so nice even random strangers trust her with their children. It's true. One day when we were waiting in line for a ride at the fair, a man walked up to Christine and asked if it was ok for his daughter to ride with her because she was young and a little scared. Her amazingness just radiates off of her. Her Harvard sweatshirt and cross necklace probably didn't hurt either. (and no we didn't go to Harvard.)

We were only all together for the one year. but it is still one of my favorite years. if only because I got these two out of it. We had soo much fun.

This is our "sexy" pose

"Everyone need to be on top of Alana while she's on the phone."
"It's a rule."


Obviously we made the most out of our time together. But the thing that amazes me is that almost 7 years later we're still wonderful friends. I heard growing up that the friends you make in high school are just that, but the friends you make in college are friends for life. and while I do have a couple friends from high school I still talk to, only one from then compares to the friendship I have with these two ladies. And that would be my best friend from high school, Ashley. Sometimes she joins in with the Kris and Chris craziness.

Here we are in May 2009 celebrating Kristy and Christine's college graduation

Even though we don't live in the same state I know these ladies will always be here for me. And I'll always be there for them. I would drop eveything I was doing and hop in my car for the 3 and a half hour drive it would take to get to either one of them if they needed me to. They've certainly been there for me along the way.

October 2006

I have so many special pictures of the three of us. unfortunately half of them are still on my other lap top so I can't post them here now. but i cherish all of them. and plan to print them all out to hang in a special place when I finally start hanging pictures up in my house. they are beautiful reminders to me of how they have been with my me through all of my big life moments.

The above picture is when they came to visit me at my 1st apartment that I shared with The Marsh.

I have a picture with them from the day before I found out I was pregnant with my son

The three of us at my baby shower.

My Wedding.

This one of my favorite pictures of all time.

Their college graduation.

I look foward to builiding our collection with pictures from the special moments they'll be having in the future. Kristy's nursing school graduation, their engagements, weddings, and baby showers. I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the three of us will always be there for each other. Not everyday, but when it counts.

Of course Miss Kristy doesn't have a choice now. She is my children's Godmother. So she's stuck with me for life :0) I knew that if something ever happened to me that she would be the person who could tell my children stories about me and who I was. She'll make sure my daughter knows how to pluck her eyebrows and everything she needs to know about boys. She'll make sure my son knows how exactly he changed my life. ..but because I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon, whenever she gets the urge to come visit her Godchildren she'll have to sit through coffee and gossip with me.

Summer 2009

Miss Christine or rather DR. Christine (because this fabulous girl recently got her doctorate in physical therapy) always finds a way to let me know she is thinking of me as well. When she got her job at the hospital after graduating she called to let me know. And I am so proud of her. And today in the mail I got the sweetest Valentine's Day package from her. Little stuffed bumble bee pouches that she had stuffed with candies for me my children and stickers and the cutest little hampster beanie baby ball. It also had a beautiful willow tree figurine to add to my collection. It was so thoughtful of her to take time out of her busy schedule to send this up to myself and my family just so that we would know she is thinking of us. She's amazing.

I'm going to be stealing that pink hampster from my children

They are amazing. And I am so grateful everyday for their friendship. It means more to me than they'll ever know.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment