Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Calm after the Storm.

Today I am grateful for the little piece of family normalness going on around me right now.

or as normal as my family gets anyway.

The last three days have been filled with lots of fun, but right now in this moment, I'm grateful for the (semi) quiet evening occuring in my house.

It all started on thursday.

I had great ambition to go for a run on thursday evening while The Marsh worked a little bit on his car. and then my mom is all "you coming over? I have wine. and crackers. and pub cheese." and I was like...uhh running isn't important tonight. So The Marsh and I went over to my mother's house and I spent about 3 hours in her hot tub drinking wine with her and my little sister. Then I came home a went right to bed because I had to get up 5 hours later to go to work.

Friday I worked all day then my older sister picked me up from work and the party continued. We had fajitas and more wine. we caught up on what's going on in each other's lives and talked a little bit more about her future wedding.

Saturday we were up and enjoying more time together with my babes while The Marsh was out working hard for the money. Then my two little sisters came over as well and we spent some time together. and watched a couple episodes of How I Met Your Mother. which I just became obssesed with. about 7 years late.

Suit Up.

My older sister, Stephanie, and I had already decided earlier in the week that we wanted to go out for girls night on saturday, so last night her and I went to the local bar down the road for some good pub food and a few drinks. It was nice to be able to get some dinner and partake in some people watching. although I'm sure the other people got more enjoyment out of people watching the two crazy chicks who kept quoting Eddie Izzard all night. Do you have a flag?

Around 9:30 or so my awesome husband picked Steph and I up from the bar on his way home from spending some quality time with the babes at his parents. (message from the blog author: Always have a designated driver. it's even better if you marry one.) Then we came home and had an impromptu dance party and my best friend Ashley came over. The Marsh being super dad, put my kids (and himself) to bed with a bedtime story while Stephanie, Ashley and I drank some more. Well, Ashley didn't because she had to work this morning. But I did. and I sent my mom bon jovi lyrics via text message. i wanted her to join the dance party too.  My sis and I then topped off the evening by curling up on my couch to watch Breaking Dawn Part I. So this puts me to bed at about 2:00 am this morning.


After getting up this morning, my sister and i just relaxed and talked some more about life while my children ran around playing the game who can piss the other one off the most. The Marsh was once again out working hard for the money. around 3:00 this afternoon my sister left to go pick up her daughter and head home and about an hour later The Marsh was home. I followed him around like a dumb puppy while he changed out of his work uniform and washed his hands because I just wanted a hug from him. Even though I had seen him everyday over the last 3 days I felt like I hadn't really seen him at all. We sat togther on the couch and talked while our children climbed all over us trying to get equal amounts of attention too.

Now Georgie is off tending to her imaginary farm animals she keeps gated in her bedroom and Breyman is watching The Transformers Movie on VHS circa 1985 (cause thats how we roll). The Marsh is sitting at the table reading me an article from his automotive magazine about trucks and I'm sitting here listening because I've missed him enough that I would listen to just about anything he wanted to talk to me about right now.

Its peaceful after the craziness that was the weekend. Not that I didn't enjoy this weekend. I absolutely did. I love thunderstorms too. but I also love that moment when the storm ends and the rain stops. and everything is quiet again.

for a minute anyway.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment