Sunday, February 5, 2012

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

Today I am grateful for Superbowl Sunday.


But not for the reasons you may think.

Oh sure. I am excited to watch the game, especially since The Marsh and I don't have cable and 98% of the football games I've seen this season have been via gamecenter on espn.com. This may keep me informed play by play but it's not nearly as satisfying as yelling at the TV.

I'm also excited the Pats are playing. I love me some Tom Brady. I have since his first season with the Patriots. I believe I was a freshman in high school. And really? Whats not to love?

I'm sexy and I know it.

 I also hate the Manning brothers. This isn't uncommon among Patriots fans. And I really really hope that Brady beats the ever loving hell out of Eli. Its been along time coming. Since 2008 to be exact. When the Pats lost to Eli and ended their not-so-perfect-afterall season. And Peyton is just an ass.

They make me wanna throw up simply by existing.

But alas, I digress...

I am grateful for the super bowl today because it's an excuse to spend an evening with family, eat some great food, and watch some football and funny commercials. And while I'm perfectly aware that there never has to be an excuse to spend time with family, isn't it nice to have one? Life can get soo busy sometimes. Everyone gets caught up in their own lives. their own work, their own problems. Its so easy to say I'm too busy or too tired to find time to spend with friends and family. So for our little family it's nice to have a day that we already knew we would be spending together.

My father-in-law and I will be the most interested in the actual football game. My mother-in-law will be excited to spend extra time with my babies. My husband will play bartender and my sister-in-law will enjoy the drinks and my over-dramatic reactions to Refs, whom are OBVIOUSLY blind.

So it will be a good time. a GREAT time pending things go according to plans and the Pats win. A great time with family. and chicken wings.

Who isn't grateful for that?

Thanks for reading!
Lana


No comments:

Post a Comment