Thursday, November 29, 2012

Screeaaach.

Today I am grateful that my mom was in a car accident.

okay.

that sounds weird.

backing it up a bit.

so my mom was in a car accident...oh about 6 or so years ago. it was right around the time The Marsh and i met so it must have been about 6 years ago now.

she's okay. her jeep wasn't quite so okay. but she is. at the time though, she really screwed up her back. or hip. or her lower back / hip region. whatever, the point? she fucked up her back.

why am I grateful that she fucked up her back?

because the end result was that she ended up with a hot tub. and sometimes on a cold night, after a stressful week (stressful for her, not me) sometimes the hot tub is just the right medicine.

I'm grateful that on Thursdays when The Marsh is working late my mum doesn't care that I come over to her house and drink her wine and relax in her hot tub. i'm grateful that she is perfectly willing to share her hot tub, because if i owned I hot tub of my own I'm not so sure I would be quite so generous. and i'm grateful for the rest and relaxation that comes with just a few short hours in the tub.

so essentially I'm grateful that 6 year ago my mom was in a car accident. that resulted in her getting a hot tub. so that tonight I could go over to her house and soak in it and forget that there is actually a real world out there.

still deciding if this is a horrible thing to be grateful for or not.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment