Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Calm Before The Crazy.

Today I am grateful for the peaceful day the babes and I had together today.

It started off wonderfully with B & G waking me up in bed being all adorable like. Brey kept telling me that he wanted to snuggle and Georgie was sweet and told me she loved me.

Then after watching a movie together, they were exceptionally well behaved at my hair appointment.
that may or may not be because I bribed them with happy meals, but either way. very well behaved. after that we dropped off some "hot chocolate" rice krispie treats we made for one of my co-workers bake sale her girl scout troop is having on black friday.

then we came home and made our own rice krispie treats because we wanted some too.

it was a lovely day. ordinary, but lovely. and days like today are exactly the reason I am so grateful to be able to stay home with them five days a week. I love days like today. I just wanted to soak up every little mundane detail and remember it always when my babes are grown up.

anyway, the reason I'm also grateful for such a quiet, ordinary day is because the next few days will be anything but. Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night at my in-laws. black friday shopping. Thanksgiving dinner take two at my mom's house. Brey's birthday party on saturday. among all of this The Marsh is going into work four hours early both tomorrow on Thanksgiving and on Saturday. PLUS my sister and niece will be here all weekend as well. oh and I need to make a pie and some home made sangria. sunday will be a little bit of a cool down then monday Brey is back to school and it's also his fifth birthday.

the next few days will be lots of fun and family and very little sleep.

so yea, I'm grateful for my nice quiet day today with my babes. the calm before the crazy.

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment