Friday, April 13, 2012

Round 4.

Today I am grateful.

I'm grateful that my father-in-law in still doing well.

I'm grateful that even though he's lost quite a bit of weight, he's still hanging in there like a champ.

I'm grateful that after two months of blogging about being grateful for life, because my father-in-law was so sick, I don't have any bad news to report.

He's recently completed his fouth round of chemo. his fourth! I can't even begin to imagine going through one round. and he's done four. He's also more than halfway done. because he was only scheduled to do six. I'm not quite sure what happens then, Scans, most likely. re-evaluate and see where we are from there. I'm praying for good news. i would appreciate it if you prayed for good news too.

and this isn't me getting all Jesus on you. you can pray to the macaroni noodle god if it floats your boat. just please keep him in mind.


and I'm grateful that even though the odds seem to keep being stacked against him, he keeps fighting. for his kids. and mine.

I'm grateful for every extra day. because things happen all the time. to people who aren't sick. or who haven't been sick. My mother's cousin just recently had a stroke. She's my mom's age, which is 34...PLUS or minus 10 years. and she isn't doing well. its incredibly sad. and all I can think is how grateful I am that it wasn't my mom. and that no matter what the odds, so far, it hasn't been The Marsh's dad.

anyway. super depressing, huh? Geez.

Sorry. I'm also grateful for wine. that's nice and cheery right? (ignore the fact that alcohol may or may not be a depressant.)

and really, this blog was more about happiness than sadness. My father-in-law is kicking chemo's ass. So yea, I'm grateful. as always..

Thanks for reading!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment